In the summer of 1952, the idea to plant a church in Hanahan began in the hearts and minds of the pastor and members of the now closed Park Circle Presbyterian Church in North Charleston. For several years a growing congregation was served by student pastors and met at what is now the Fishburne Education Center. The church was formally chartered on October 23, 1955 with 109 members from 45 families.
The first building was completed in 1956. The “chapel” is now known as Memorial Hall. With a rapidly growing congregation, an education building was added in 1956 and a fellowship hall in 1960. A new sanctuary was built and dedicated in 1968.
In 1956 the congregation called Rev. Warren Wardlaw as its first installed pastor. Since then the congregation has been pastored by Rev. Walter E. Hickman, Jr., Dr. James T. Frazier, Rev. C. O. Magee, Dr. William K. Neely, Dr. Cliff H. McLeod, Jr. and Rev. E. D. Clem.